Manifesting Mahatma Gandhi’s “BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD.” While we may not be holding picket signs, we care about how poverty effects everyone. We’re worried about an increasing alienation around real food. We want to change the way people relate to each other. We have the power to provide ourselves with an alternative to corporate farming practices- we have the power to do it ourselves.
Defining and referring to FARM sites as a community farm: for anyone to work on and for everyone to eat from. We donate at least half of our harvests on a weekly basis to people who could not normally buy this food, and we never sell any of it.
Employing permaculture ethics and procedures. Everything has its place at a FARM site and we design them to be interconnected.
Expansion/Coalition Building. We see this as a first step in a state-wide, national, and international movement. Please let us know if you would like to build and design your own FARM in your part of the world. We would like to facilitate the exchange of knowledge between FARMers.
1. Pay it forward.
2. Build on the ideas and generosity of others—never turn down a gift.
3. Employ economic models that promote an equitable and generous culture.
4. Work when you can— regularly or intermittently.
5. Bring joy to community work and to working together.
6. Value quality engagement over quantifiable results.